October 16, 2010
3-4 red potatoes, pealed and cut into 1" cubes
1 lb chicken breasts, diced 1/2" chunks
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk*
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
3 Tbsp sugar
a dash of crushed red pepper, if desired
1. Boil potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil and curry powder in large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Stir in onions and garlic; cook 4 minutes more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink.
4. Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and potatoes. Stir to combine. Add a dash of crushed red pepper, if desired. Cover and simmer 30-40 minutes.
Serve over rice (about 4-6 c cooked).
Season with salt to taste.
* Use the low fat kind to lessen fat content.