September 30, 2010

Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm pretty picky when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. I never like ones sold in plastic containers in the grocery store--taste like shortening to me--and am not much easier to please at home (although I do love cookie dough and warm cookies out of the oven). I know there are better recipes out there than this because I've tasted them...I just have yet to find them myself. :) Until then, these are pretty darn scrumptious.

Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) (HERSHEY'S) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used 2 c and it was too much...I'd say 1 to 1 1/2 cups is sufficient.)
1 cup chopped nuts(optional)

1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.
 
PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375°F. 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.

HERSHEY'S "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Simply add 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa to your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.

SKOR & CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Use 1 cup finely chopped SKOR bars and 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips in place of 2 cups chocolate chips; omit nuts. Drop and bake as directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment