October 23, 2010

Bran Muffins

This is my sister-in-law's recipe. She made these for me after I had my second baby and I they were ta-sty! :) And they're healthy to boot! Makes 24 muffins.

Bran Muffins

2 c buttermilk*
2 c whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c sugar
1 c bran flour
2 eggs
4 Tbsp coconut or olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin tins with paper; set aside.
2. Mix wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and flour in large bowl. In separate small bowl, quickly whisk eggs; add oil and buttermilk. Stir into the dry ingredients, just until wet.
3. Ladle evenly into muffin tins (I use soup ladle b/c it's easier and less mess!), about 1/2 to 3/4 way full. Bake 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out dry.

* If you do not have buttermilk put 2 Tbsp lemon juice or vinegar in 2 c measuring cup and add milk to make 2 cups. Let sit at least 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment