June 21, 2011

Broccoli-Cheese Casserole

I tweaked a recipe I got off of the internet. ;) It's so tasty...the BEST broccoli casserole I've ever had, hands down. Serve alongside any meat. I even added 1/2 c diced ham to make it a main dish. I know; I'm crazy like that. You could add 1-2 c cooked, diced chicken, also. Serves 8.

Broccoli-Cheese Casserole

1 egg
1/4 c onion, finely chopped
1/2 c mayonnaise
1 10-oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 lbs fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tsp paprika
salt and pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9x13 baking dish; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat egg with whisk. Add onion, mayonnaise, and cream of mushroom soup. Add broccoli and mix well. Add shredded cheese; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle paprika evenly over top. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes to an hour, or until broccoli in center of pan are tender-firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment