October 30, 2012

Toasted Sweet & Salty Pumpkin Seeds

These seeds are some of the tastiest I've ever had! Made me realize I preferred toasted seeds over roasted; it's easier to get a good crunch. I found this on CWMK website. I took this to a neighbor's house and they were gobbled up so fast! The perfect combo of sweet and salty. Makes 2 cups.

Toasted Sweet & Salty Pumpkin Seeds

2 c pumpkin seeds, cleaned and dried
3 Tbsp brown sugar
olive oil cooking spray
salt, to taste

1. Place seeds on large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake pan slightly as they toast; once seeds start to pop and peal, cool a piece and taste. Continue to toast until seeds have reached desired crunchiness; they should start to brown.
2. Turn heat to low and coat seeds with olive oil spray. Add sugar to pan and stir well as sugar melts and sticks to seeds.
3. Turn off heat and sprinkle with salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment