December 17, 2016
1 1/5 lbs boneless pork chops, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp water
4 c Italian style bread crumbs
Oil for frying
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c diced onion
1-8 oz package mushrooms, sliced
1-15 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c milk
1. Place piece of plastic wrap over a piece of meat. Pound with mallet until about 1/4" thickness (before I owned a mallet I used a hammer, just sayin). Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper; set aside. Repeat for each piece.
2. Heat 1 inch of oil in large skillet over medium heat. Beat eggs and water in a wide, shallow bowl with a fork just until smooth and blended. Pour bread crumbs in another wide, shallow bowl.
3. Dip each piece of flattened meat into egg, then bread crumbs, then egg and bread crumbs again. Once oil sizzles from a drop of water sprinkled onto it, it's ready.
4. Cook two pieces of meat at a time, a few minuets each side until golden brown. Place on a plate covered with a paper towel to drain.
1. Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Saute onion and mushrooms four minutes, or until soft. Stir in soup and milk. Continue to site frequently as it heats up. Remove from heat once it starts to bubble or once it heats to your liking.
2. Pour immediately over schnitzel and noodles or potatoes.