May 24, 2020

Taco Pie

I don't know how I've lived 41 years and haven't heard of this deliciousness. My kids devoured it. My husband and I couldn't stop eating it, along with the horchata I made. Yum. I use refrigerated pie crusts because of lazy. I’m sure you could throw in some pinto beans and  substitute chicken for the beef (slow cooked in salsa and taco seasoning). I look forward to experimenting! My family of 6 ate 1 1/2 pies. Thank you, website I got this from but can't remember which one. Thank you. Serves 4.

Taco Pie

Ingredients:
1 pie crust
1 lb ground beef
3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning, or 1 packet commercial seasoning
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c salsa
2 c lettuce, shredded
1 medium tomato, diced
1 c shredded cheese
sour cream dollop, optional

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pat crust into pie pan and sprinkle a pinch of taco seasoning in bottom. Bake 7-10 minutes, or until crust starts to brown.
3. I a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain.
4. Add salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes.
5. Pour into crust and top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
6. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream dollop, if using.

No comments:

Post a Comment