September 21, 2010

A shout out to the Food Nanny


Mother's Day 2009 my oldest sister gave all us girls--her three sisters and our mom--a recipe book called "The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner". It inspired me to make a weekly menu and shop for needed ingredients at the beginning of the week. With a menu and needed ingredients on hand, making dinner is SO much more enjoyable!! :D
The author, Liz Edmunds, splits the recipes by days of the week. Monday is comfort food (casseroles, etc.), Tuesday is Italian night, etc. so if you're really unimaginative she has it laid out for you!
She wants to bring back family dinner time; which is a very important time to spend as a family. Families that have dinner together generally have less "problems". A lot of recipes have a suggested conversation starter for your kids...It's just plain a good idea, but mainly her recipes are awesome! There have only been three recipes I've tried that I didn't love...and I'm hard to please! Overall I've been really happy with the book and very highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment