ourbestbites food blog. They are SO good! :D Pure genius. My family always goes ape crazy when I make them. Makes 12 yummy, cheesy rolls. Enjoy!
Cheesy Garlic Bread Swirls
1 Tbsp yeast
1 1/2 c warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 - 5 1/2 c flour
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 egg yolk
6 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
2 Tbsp garlic bread seasoning
1 1/2 to 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Combine yeast, water, and sugar in a large mixing bowl and allow to stand 10 minutes, or until bubbly. Add salt, olive oil, and egg yolk; combine. Add 3 c flour and combine. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough that barely sticks to your finger. Knead 2-3 minutes. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, combine butter and garlic bread seasoning; set aside. Grease 12 muffin tins; set aside.
3. Roll dough into about a 20"x6" rectangle. Smear garlic butter over the entire surface of the dough. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Roll up along 20"side. Cut into 12 equal pieces using dental floss or sharp knife. Place in greased muffin tins and cover with a clean cloth. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and allow rolls to rise while oven heats.
5. Bake 18-22 minutes. Watch closely during last 5-10 minutes of baking. Once cheese begins to brown, lay a loose sheet of aluminum foil over rolls to keep from burning. Test center of one to make sure dough is cooked through (it may be hard to tell, pull out the center and see if it's doughy, if necessary). Serve immediately.