September 17, 2013

Zucchini Bread

I always remember loving my mom's zucchini bread. mmmmm....if you've never tried it, you must. It's a dense sweet bread, like banana bread without the banana taste. I don't have my mom's recipe but I found this on Allrecipes. Tastes just like it. Any leftovers freeze well, though I'd be surprised if you had any. Makes 2 loaves.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 c vegetable oil*
2 c white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 large zucchini, peeled and grated, about 2 c
3 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray two 8x4" pans generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, zucchini and sugar together in a large bowl. Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and ground cinnamon; mix well. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let bread sit 5-10 minutes. Remove from bread pan and cool on rack. Serve warm or cold.

* Or you could use 1/2 c vegetable oil and 1/2 c applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment